5 Ways to Stay Productive and Focused All Day, Every Day
It’s hard to imagine actually doing all of this, but I am sure the results are great, even only partially adopting such a diligent routine.
My holding company owns four businesses: Tusk Strategies runs multi-jurisdictional campaigns for big companies and institutions, Tusk Ventures works with pre-IPO startups in regulated industries in return for equity, Ivory Gaming manages casinos, and Kronos Archives builds high-end, bespoke digital archives.
We also have a family foundation, Tusk Montgomery Philanthropies, that runs and funds campaigns to pass anti-hunger legislation and invests in startups combating hunger.
1. The morning routine
I believe a strict morning routine is critical to having a productive day. Here’s mine:
- I wake up at 5 a.m. You think better in the morning.
- I read four newspapers (The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, and New York Daily News).
- I meditate (badly, but it does stimulate my subconscious and help me come up with ideas).
- I pray (I’m not sure it matters if you have a religion or even believe in God; praying is a good way to think about the people you love).
- I write in a gratitude journal.
- I make a smoothie (for me, it’s ginger kombucha, apple cider vinegar, Greek yogurt, spinach, blueberries, turmeric, cinnamon, coconut oil, protein powder, oats, and flaxseed).
- I take vitamins and supplements (multi, D, B, omega).
- I plank, stretch, and foam roll.
- I work out (weights three times a week with a trainer, step mill twice on my own).
- And then I get dressed (working in tech usually exempts me from having to shave or put on a suit, so that helps).