7 Ways You Might Be Losing Out on Search Rankings
SEO is increasingly becoming more closely aligned with user experience (UX) and content value, as Google sharpens up its algorithms to retain its primacy as a search tool. Now, you can expect to be penalized more frequently by Google in the form of less traffic. Also, you can anticipate being penalized by users in the form of more bounce for the same issues: weak content, unfriendly user design, or attempts to game Google and feed people ads they don’t want.
If you feel like you’re doing everything right, but you’re still not ranking for the searches you’re targeting, maybe one of these is the problem?
1. Your Website Isn’t Optimized for Keyword Search
That’s optimized, not maximized. You want the ideal keywords and a number of keyword incidences, not the biggest collection of keywords. Stuff your website with keywords and Google will penalize you for it. Leave them out and you are neglecting one of the simplest ways to increase organic traffic.
- 10 SEO Lessons I Learned The Hard Way
- Top Website Builders for SEO
- Latest Google Updates That SEOs Need to Cope With
- Top 9 reasons Google suspends local listings
- 5 Online Reputation Red Flags That Are Losing You Money (And How To Fix Them)
- Facebook Updates News Feed to Penalize Non-Mobile Optimized Websites
- Microsoft Patches Windows XP In Response to WannaCrypt Attacks
- US Digital Ad Spending to Increase 16% in 2017