A Simple Process to Build Backlinks that Produce Higher Search Engine Rankings
In this article we discuss a simple process to get high quality backlinks to your website and improve its Google, Yahoo and Bing page rank. We summarize a search engine optimization article written by Ryan Deis, that provides a simple process to improve the page rank of any website. Using this process carefully, it’s not that difficult to build backlinks that produce higher search engine rankings.
By following these steps, you will be able to easily create 10 high quality backlinks to your website, resulting in higher search engine rankings:
- If not using Firefox, download it from the Mozilla website.
- Install the free SEO Quake plugin and restart Firefox. The setup is simple, but for details, check for setup instructions on YouTube.
- Use the following list of “Authority Codes” in Google’s search window to search for WordPress sites with content relevant to your website or blog, substituting your own targeted keyword in the string (Note: additional codes are available for ExpressionEngine and BlogEngine.net blogs if needed, and the backlink search tool on this page can automatically find additional content quickly:
- site:.com inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “YOUR KEYWORD”
- site:.org inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “YOUR KEYWORD”
- site:.edu inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “YOUR KEYWORD”
- site:.gov inurl:blog “post a comment” -”comments closed” -”you must be logged in” “YOUR KEYWORD”
- If too few results are found, broaden (shorten) your keyword and try again.
- Sort the results on PageRank, using the small “down arrow” next to the “PR” column in SeoQuake, resulting in highest PageRank sites on top of the results. Check page 2 and lower if there aren’t enough high PR sites on page 1 of the search.
- Find the highest possible ranking .com, .org, .gov and .edu that accept comments and make a valuable and relevant comment on blog entries, using good judgment. Avoid comments that might be judged as “spam,” such as “You Rock!” or “Great post!” Also make sure that the site allows you to enter your website with your comment. Place your name and keyword in the “Name:” field, since this will be your backlinked text. The keyword should be relevant to your site and descriptive, such as “Jim Green Internet Marketing and Advertising.” If your blog is well-constructed, this is probably your site title! Keep in mind that if your keywords don’t make sense in the “Name:” field you run the risk of being reported as spammer and being delisted by Google.
- Your comments on the blog should be your opinion and relevant to the post on which your are commenting. It’s ok to be a little controversial, but also helpful to the blogger for best results!
Your goal in producing high quality backlinks is to get 10 links. In 2011, that would have put you on top of the rankings, but today a different approach is needed, due to changes in the search engine algorithms. For additional search engine optimization (SEO) help, we recommend the work of SH Web Services.