This article presents the top 5 reasons that collecting tangible assets makes sense today. Assets expected to rise in value make the most sense, especially silver collectible coins or even gold for those that can afford it. Just considering the potential value of the metals content alone makes this a sensible strategy. Also, we’ll discuss briefly why the Numis Network business opportunity may provide a vehicle to this end as well as an income opportunity within the direct selling industry. What makes collectibles a good idea today?
- Fiat Currencies – All of today’s major currencies are fiat, including the US dollar, the euro, the yen, etc. Richard Nixon started this trend when he removed the backing of the US dollar by precious metals in 1971. Since that time, the dollar has lost 95% of its value and the price of an ounce of gold has risen from about $40 to over $1500 today.
- US Spending and Runaway Debt – The US Federal Reserve is in the unique position of being able to print money to meet its obligations. This would be called counterfeiting in any other setting. Raising the nation’s “debt ceiling” may bring on some high political theater, but do we really believe Congress understands what a trillion dollars really is (or even a billion)? The US Economy may soon be entering uncharted waters when complete default on the country’s obligations occurs, sooner or later (possibly at a failure to raise the debt limit).
- Economic Opportunity – Although the world may not be facing another great depression, times of great financial upheaval have always represented times of great opportunity for those who are prepared. And if we are soon to be entering a period similar to the Great Depression, or worse, possession of valuable “hard assets” couldn’t hurt.
- Collectibles Performance – Most collectibles have failed to keep pace with the US stock market and are illiquid by nature, yet numismatics are viewed as one of the best available inflation hedges today. The inherent metals value makes this especially true of gold and silver coins. Popularity of gold and silver assets and the convenience of gold and silver coins is demonstrated by the countless television ads seen today. And though Numis Network specifically cannot be viewed as an investment opportunity, based on its advertising policies, real assets consisting of high quality, rare numismatic coins may prove to be one of the unsurpassed wealth preservation strategies at this time in history.
- Value to Your Heirs – Even if you never redeem your collectible assets, your heirs will appreciate them, if only for sentimental value. Moreover, coins are cool. Your grandkids will love you for it!
These are some great bottom-line reasons, if not a mandate, to collect precious assets. There are a number of reasons to contemplate using the Numis Network as a possible vehicle. First, Numis Network represents a “first mover” opportunity in the direct selling industry. Second, it makes sense to get silver coins on a regular basis. Many people who are familiar with the mlm/network marketing industry are somewhat “gun shy” about its auto-ship policies, having ended up with pallets or garages full of product to remain “qualified.” The Numis Network Silver Coin of the Month Club is something that both its customers and distributors enjoy. We haven’t met anyone who objects to having a pallet of valuable assets “left over” when they decide to move on to other ventures. Everyone collects something, so why not collect money?
- Who are the Founders of Numis Network? (ronmedlin.com)
- Utah Legalizes Gold and Silver Coins As Currency- CreditCardNegotiations.com (sdfinch.wordpress.com)
- Edwin Vieira on Gold & Silver Currency (adask.wordpress.com)